Just one banana

Let's jump back to the end of November 2022. Good times.  

I'm starwing. We had a super late evening snack at my great aunts home right about at midnight. Slept poorly couple of houres. They say you're not supposed to eat before surgery. I skept breakfast and drove to the hospital, again. An other accident with another child and another hospital, because it's weekend. 

I had one banana from my great aunt and planned to get something nice from the cafe, when the child would be in the operation room. I don't want to leave him alone also I don't want to eat front of him. I know he's starwing too.

If there's someone that you just know they are too hungry. And you might get the idea if I say a hungry toddler. You don't want to walk on that thin ice. 

Well the cafes open houres were just sad. It was already closed and we were still waiting. And the IV fluid and Ninjago helped my hungry boy to sleep. 

Guess what! It's way more snowy here in Helsinki than it was at home when we left. I have my winter jacket, but else is not so winter aprooved. I don't even have my beanie! 

Finally after 9h wait at the hospital and after 17h without eating or drinking we walked to the opearation room. I got to be there when my naturally sleeping boy was put in medical sleep. That was ok. Even tho I held back my tears. 

Thats when the anestheologist team and our nurse started asking if I had also eat nothing. 

First thing back at the seventh floor I got to take some snacks. Second was to eat. Third I left to visit near by store to buy some snack to survive with over the night. Baby fell asleep and right back at our hospital room my phone rang. Child was waking up,

Finally he got to eat and I got him a Jacky milk chocolat pudding. 

Post a Comment